[Unit Project 2] My most memorable sweets!

  Do you know about Hotcake? Or, have you ever made Hotcake? Hotcakes are unique to Japan and a type of pancake. In 1884, a magazine in Japan introduced what "pancakes" were. It is said that they were first served in a department store cafeteria in Tokyo in 1923 under the name "Hatcakes". In 1931, it was named "Hotcake" because it was a warm cake, and "hotcake mix" was released by Home Foods. "Morinaga Hot Cake Ingredients," which was subsequently released and gained popularity, was a sweet product, so hotcakes have long been popular in Japan as a sweet treat. Pancakes and hotcakes are essentially the same thing, however the "pancakes" commonly eaten in the U.S. have a thinner dough, while those called "hotcakes" are thicker. Other differences include that hotcakes are sweeter and pancakes are less sweet.


 I ate hotcakes for the first time when I was in elementary school. During snack time, I asked my mother to make pancakes for me and my mother made hotcakes! I also helped in making hotcakes, mixing hotcake dough and so on. However, there was one thing I could not do at that time. That is to flip the hotcake! I was really bad at it because if I didn't get it right, it would lose its shape. So I had my mother flip the pancakes. I was very envious when I saw my mother skillfully flipping the pancakes! I made it so many times I wanted to be able to flip it over as well as my mother. Hotcakes became a very memorable snack for me! So I will show you how to make a delicious hotcake, one of my most memorable sweets!



How to make Hotcake!!!

[You will need]

・One bowl

・One whisk

・One frying pan

・Stove

・Wet cloth

・one plate

・one fork

 

 

[Ingredients (for 3 hotcakes)]

・hotcake mix: 1 bag (200g)

・one egg (M size)

・milk: 140 ml

・honey (Amount of your choice)

 

 

[Procedures]

  1. First, combine the eggs and the milk in the bowl, then mix them well.

  2. Next, add the hotcake mix, mix 20 times lightly until a few lumps remain. At this point, it is best if a little lump is left.

  3. When ready, heat the frying pan over medium heat, then once off the stove, cool the heated frying pan slightly on the wet cloth.

  4. Reduce the heat to low, then drop one-third of the dough, which has been mixed, in one go from a higher position.


  5. Flip the hotcake as soon as small bubbles appear on low heat.

  6. Grill over low heat until cooked through.

  7. Arrange hotcakes on a plate and drizzle with honey.

 

 

 We can use hotcake mix to make a variety of sweets. There is a wide variety of menu items using hotcake mix. In addition to being an easy way to make hotcakes, it has a wide range of applications as a basic ingredient. For this reason, many recipes using hotcake mix can be found on recipe search sites. For example, scones, pound cake, muffins, cookies, and even cakes! I have made chocolate scorn with hotcake mix! Chocolate scones are easy to make! With only a few ingredients to prepare, it is easy to make delicious scones. I encourage everyone to try making sweets with hotcake mix!

  Pancakes are loved around the world, so there are many different kinds of pancakes in the world! American and Canadian pancakes are made from eggs, flour, and milk or buttermilk. It is often eaten for breakfast, served with maple syrup, butter, and fruit. British pancakes use eggs, flour, and milk, but the dough is more watery because of the high milk content. Other pancakes like these! French pancakes are called "crepes" and are thin pancakes. German pancakes are called "Prinsen" and are pancakes with a filling. In Korea, traditional Korean-style pancakes are called hotteok!

 You should all try pancakes from around the world, or hotcakes made with the hotcake preparation methods described in this article!!!


コメント

人気の投稿